Sending SMS from your Gmail is now active in India. This services allows you to send SMSes to mobile from your Gmail’s Chat windows. To use this service Google is not charging any money, but SMS limit is set to 50 Credit.
SMS credit in Chat:
- Your SMS credit decreases by one, while you send a message.
- BIG Bonanza: every time your receive SMS message in Chat your credit increases by five (upto a maximum cap of 50 credit)
- If your account runs-out of credit “zero”, it will increase back up to one 24 hours later.
How to send SMS messages to your contacts’ mobile phones using Gmail Chat?
- Enter your contact’s name in the ‘Search or invite friends’ box in Chat, and select Send SMS from the box of options that appears to the right of your contact’s name. Or, if you already have a Chat window open for this contact, just click Options, and select Send SMS.
- In the dialog box, enter a phone number in the ‘Send SMS messages to this number’ field. This feature is only launched in selected countries. Click here for the list of supported countries and operators. If you are not located in one of these countries you can still use it, but you won’t see the SMS option in Chat until you enable it manually in the Chat settings page.
- Click Save.
- A Chat window appears. Just type your message as you would normally. When you hit Enter, the message will be sent to the phone number you entered.
So, why wait avail this NEW feature and send SMS to your friends and relatives just from your Gmail.